Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Little Midnight Rooster Anyone?

A challenge on the Midnight Rooster blog led me to create this layout with a flower I made myself. I've been wanting to try this for quite a while (thanks for the push Michelle!).

I used the January Midnight Rooster kit which has an adorable exclusive flower already in it that is begging to be used. Maybe on my next layout. But I must admit that I really want to try that rolled flower idea and I've watched the tutorial so that may be my next layout.
Before I go here's a close-up of the layout.
If you want to try making this kind of flower yourself, here's where I found out how: Satin Flower Tutorial. Take your time and be prepared for a few errors before you get it, but once you do you'll be whipping these out by the dozen! Just be careful playing with fire! (I am a firefighter's wife so I had to put that in there)
Thanks for looking!
Anet

No comments:

Post a Comment