Monday, January 10, 2011

Blog Hop Winner

Winner, winner, chicken dinner...actually it's hamburgers at my house but anyway...
I used Random.org to pick and the lucky winner is Gina L.!  Gina, just send an email to Lori at lori@apronstringsdesigns.com and she'll send you your prize.
Thank you all for your kind comments. I wanted to share another layout that I just finished today using the January STABB.



I am loving this kit!
This time I tried taking a picture of the layout as opposed to scanning it. I am not sure I like the results. It's easier but I don't think I've figured out all the best settings. Of course ever since I changed over to Windows 7 and was unable to bring my stitching software with me (oh Image Zone, how I miss you!) I haven't been thrilled with my scans either. Any advice?
 I scanned this layout too and here are the results:
Maybe I'll play around a bit more tomorrow. If I do I'll let you know how it goes.

 Anet

2 comments:

  1. Weellll. . .the scanned image seems to have better color and no flash-glare, but when the layouts get bulky, scanning is no longer your friend. I have found, personally, that photos of the layouts, done in natural light seem to turn out best - no flash. I either shoot from above the layout on a white piece of poster board (helps reflect the light) or I prop the layout up (natural light coming from behind you). Then depending on the background, I either leave it as is or crop it down. It'll take some playing around with for sure, but you'll find the way that works best and produces the purest results.

    Nice job on the layouts - love the overlay you did with the net-trim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I just emailed Lori!

    ReplyDelete